Effective: July 24, 2023
National Radioactive Waste Disposal Institute (NRWDI) is an independent entity established by statute under the provision of section 55(2) of the Nuclear Energy Act (No. 46 of 1999) of South Africa to provide environmentally safe and technologically innovate radioactive waste disposal solutions at national level for the benefit of current and future generations.
This website, which is accessible at https://www.nrwdi.org.za (“this website”, “the website”, “the site”,), is made available by National Radioactive Waste Disposal Institute, (“the owner”).
When we say…
… we mean.
“National Radioactive Waste Disposal Institute”/ “NRWDI”/ “the institute”
National Radioactive Waste Disposal Institute (NRWDI)
This page provides information about using the website, namely Legal Disclaimer.
- This information on this website is intended to provide general information on a particular subject or subjects and is not an exhaustive treatment of such subject(s).
- It is the sole responsibility of the user to satisfy itself prior to accessing this website that the website will meet the user’s individual requirements and be compatible with the user’s hardware and/or software. Information, ideas and opinions expressed on this site should not be regarded as professional advice or the official opinion of NRWDI or any legal entity in respect of which information, ideas and opinions are expressed on this website. Users are encouraged to consult professional advice before taking any course of action related to information, ideas or opinions expressed on this site.
- While every reasonable effort is made to maintain current and accurate information on this site, The Institute accepts no responsibility for any errors or omissions on these pages or any site to which the site pages link, or for direct or indirect damage as a result of the usage or quoting the content on the site or the information delivered or not delivered. The Institute makes no representations or warranties, implied or otherwise, that, amongst others, the content and technology available from this site are free from errors or omissions or that the service will be 100% uninterrupted and error free or will meet any particular criteria of performance or quality. This site is provided “as is”. The Institute expressly disclaims all implied warranties, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, title, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security, and accuracy and makes no express or implied representations or warranties regarding the content of the website and that the website has been compiled or supplied to meet the user’s individual requirements. Users are encouraged to report any possible errors, malfunctions or offensive material by using the feedback link.
- The use of the content of this website is at the user’s own risk. The user assumes full responsibility and risk of loss resulting from the use of the content of this site. The Institute or any of the legal entities in respect of which information are contained on this site, or employees of The Institute or such entity, will not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages or any other damages whatsoever, whether in an action of contract, statute, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), or otherwise, relating to the use of this document or information. If any of the foregoing is not fully enforceable for any reason, the remainder shall nonetheless continue to apply. Subject to sections 43(5) and 43(6) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002, The Institute shall not be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from the use or inability to use this website or the services or content provided from and through this website.
- Certain links in the web site lead to resources maintained by third parties over whom The Institute has no control. The Institute makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy of, or any other aspect relating to, those resources. Where appropriate, such external links have been provided for the user’s convenience. The Institute is not responsible for the content or reliability of linked websites and does not necessarily endorse the view expressed within them. Listing shall not be taken as endorsement of any kind. The Institute cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and has no control over the availability of the linked sites or pages.
- The provisions of Part 2 of Chapter III of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 is hereby excluded from applying to any electronic communications and data messages that a user sends to The Institute via this website. Any communication or data message that a user sends to The Institute will be regarded having been received by The Institute when receipt is acknowledged in writing. If the user’s does not receive a response within a reasonable period of time, the user should follow it up with The Institute. The Institute shall not be liable for any failure to respond.